Muskan's SIte

Peer Review: Basic Nutrition in our Daily Diet

The link to the resource – Basic Nutrition in our Daily Diet

Good day, POD3! Thank you for all of your hard work in creating this Learning Design that will benefit individuals of all ages. As a computer science student, I am constantly exposed to UI designs. The website type you chose for your learning design complements your topic wonderfully. I appreciate how you integrated the entire learning design into a single webpage. I thought it was straightforward and succinct, and the illustrations you utilized were fantastic. Good job on the color scheme, too, because it encourages the user to analyze the options that are available.

One thing I would say about this is that because you used a website, folks could be perplexed. They may omit critical information if they are unfamiliar with websites. You may have included some further information and related links. For example, Click here to view the topic. It would make it easier for the user to navigate the features. Another issue I saw was that the first page of the “Resources” section appeared to be empty; perhaps it is unfinished at the moment, but I just noticed it. That block can be used to refer to the many elements in your learning design.

I believe the entire learning design is lacking a lot of valuable information; please correct me if I’m wrong. The missing information that I’ve noticed is listed below [1].

1. I couldn’t find a section for “Learning Context”, but knowing who your target audience is, might have helped me to provide more accurate feedback.
2. I couldn’t locate any information on the learning theory that you employed, for example, did you use constructivism or something else? I couldn’t seem to find a rationale for that learning theory, either.
3. The description and justification for the learning design you chose are missing from your learning design. For example is it project-based or direct instruction, etc.
4. There is not an overview of your objective to design for the inclusion of different learners. On the EDCI website, this is mentioned.
5. Technology’s rationale is also not there. What technology did you deploy for the evaluations and how did you create your learning?
6. I saw the schedule section and I don’t know if it is valid for everyone or if it was for someone specifically. Could you please provide more information about that?

It’s conceivable that your Learning Design is unfinished, but I can see the work you’ve put in to make it creative and efficient. You can refer to Interactive Learning Design [1], this is the link to the section where our professor described what we need to include in our Learning Design. Hope it’s helpful and that you add all the required information before the deadline.

For the topics and Sub-topics:
I loved how you organized the learning outcomes for each topic. The resources you referenced are quite valuable and pertinent to the topic. They’re also simple to follow, and I found them beneficial, You’ve offered additional resources for the user to use in order to have a better understanding of fundamental nutritions. Again, you did an excellent job with the visuals.

For Assessment Plans:
I appreciate how you combined the information from all four tasks on one page so that the user can see all of the evaluations they need to complete. The notion of graded and ungraded jobs appealed to me. I loved how you kept it simple by saying that each evaluation will be worth 25%.

Overall, Good job on your Learning Design. Looking forward to seeing your final Interactive Learning Design

Good luck!
Muskan Hans

1. Interactive Learning Resource – EDCI 335. (2022). Retrieved 18 June 2022, from https://edtechuvic.ca/edci335/interactive-learning-resource/